Last week, I was having the kind of day that needed to end with cocktails and good friends. I was in the mood for something different, so went searching in my cupboards. From a recent trip to the Asian market, I had a can of longans in syrup, some meyer lemons and vodka. I have fond memories of a lychee martini and was hoping for something similar. Lucky for us, the following combination was a success!
- 2 Meyer Lemons, juiced
- 1 can Longans in Syrup* – You’ll run out of longan syrup before the longans, so I’d recommend an extra can for the syrup
- 6 ozs Vodka, I prefer Tito’s
- Club soda
*You can sub lychees in syrup for the longans.
- In a cocktail shaker, smash about 12 longans, add 1 cup of longan syrup, juice of 2 meyer lemons and vodka.
- Shake well, pour over ice and top with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a couple whole longans and maybe a thin slice of meyer lemon. Enjoy!